In today’s social media marketing age, participating in blog challenges is one of the most powerful things you can do to; grow your business, increase your traffic, expand your name brand recognition, and become known as an expert in your field.
The first challenge that I participated in was with successful Internet Marketing expert and exceptional educator, Connie Ragen Green. Connie taught us how to participate in and maximize our experience in the blog challenge. We connected via the #blog30 hashtag on twitter and many friendships and business partnerships were born from this experience.
The next 30 Day Blog Challenge I participated in was with Dr. Jeanette Cates, who is Connie’s mentor who has experienced tremendous online success over the past 15 years. Jeanette is also an exceptional educator who specializes in courses that make web technology accessible. She is known as the “Tech Tamer” and she is that. She takes the mystery and fear out of Web technology and offers a wide variety of enjoyable training courses that you can digest and put into action that same day! One of my favorite courses that Jeanette offers is: Your One Hour Shopping Cart.
Through these blog challenges I have:
- Made several new and powerful friends and alliances
- Written over 90 blog posts in 90 days
- Decided to continue taking blog challenges (which you’ll read about in future posts)
- Planned to host a book marketing blog challenge in the next few months, the focus of this blog challenge will be to support authors in marketing their non-fiction book (Details coming soon)
- Met the speakers and guest bloggers for the upcoming season of my Web radio show: http://ConversationsAboutMarketing.com .
It is a new season now and today begins day one of a new blog challenge, this challenge is based on Darren Rowse’s book called 31 Days to a Better Blog. Lisbeth Tanz and Michelle Shaffer have teamed up to facilitate our growing blog challenge community in this exciting adventure. I’ll be sharing my insights and experiences along they way. If you’d like to join in the fun, pick up your copy of Darren’s book and head on over to www.31DaysBlogChallenge.